Who we are.
…building tomorrow’s leaders today!
The Nigeria Fellowship of Evangelical Students (NIFES) is an indigenous, non-governmental interdenominational organization of evangelical Christian students in Nigeria tertiary institution. We reach out to students through Small Group Bible Studies, Evangelism, prayers meetings, Large Group Meetings, biblical Discipleship and life-changing Leadership Training , Conference.
Why The campus?
In every student that steps into the campus is a potential to be great and useful to God’s kingdom and humanity. In them is the great reservoir that contains the answers to this world’s unanswered questions and solutions to the world’s problems. They are arrows that could be targeted to nab all the challenges of our day and make it the kingdom of our God. Today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders, shape a student and you would have shape the future.
Steve Shedrach said “There is an incredible potential in college students..this small percentage of humanity is and will be, the leaders of every facet of society” . he added “The students on campus represent the most reachable, recruit-able, trainable, and send-able category of persons on the planet”
Campus students are idealistic, creative, energetic, and active. The campus remains one of the greatest reservoirs of man power for the cause of Christ in the entire world that’s why NIFES longs to give every student on campus an opportunity to respond to Jesus Christ; Help students know Jesus Christ and build a lifelong relationship with Him that will result in daily development of godly virtues; Develop multiplying leaders in students through, modeling, shared leadership and training that will give them distinctive advantage anywhere; We also Challenge students about their stewardship responsibility to the on-reached and providing opportunities for response and Release students ingenuity for gospel engagement;‘ students reaching out-to- students’.
To be a movement of Christ-like students in Nigeria’s tertiary institutions transforming the campus, and society upon graduation.
NIFES exists to reach out to students through evangelism and discipleship training, to mobilize them upon graduation to impact the campus, church and society with godly values.
Our Core Values
- Evangelical Heritage
- Biblical Discipleship
- Leadership Development
- Organizational Integrity and Accountability
- Students Initiatives
- Inter-denominational and Non-Denominational
- Academic and Vocational Excellence
- Promotion of reading culture particularly of Christian Literature
- Promoting Christian maturity through small groups
A NIFES with students who are willing to be with Jesus and to become like Him. Students who own NIFES and are ready to give their all to see to it that the vision of NIFES is actualize in their lives and campuses. Students with strong evangelical conviction and a passion for excellence through righteousness in their academics. Students who are teachable and responsible to the NIFES structure and creative in the actualization of NIFES vision.
Testimonials of this Vision
- Rev. Femi Adeleye
- Prof. Sam Olofin
- Rev. Dr Bayo Famonure
- Prof. Kayode Adesogan
- Group Capt. Isaac Madaki
- Dr Boyo Omadeli
- Mr Mike Itegboje
- Prof. Peter Nnabude
What we do
We engage the campuses (our mission fields) with a vision of building a movement of Christ-likeness through the following ways:
- Discipleship Training
- Discipleship Cell group
- Leadership Training
- Post campus Training
- Life Outreaches
- Project 50- Jesus for the rural dwellers
The challenge to ‘contend for the faith once delivered to the Saints’ (Jude 3), and ‘adorn the doctrine of God our saviour’ (Tit. 2:8) require of us a clear commitment to our doctrinal basis of faith as a Fellowship. ‘A clear statement of Faith and commitment to evangelical truth is of central importance to us both to declare what we stand for and to differentiate us from other groups.’ A doctrinal basis could be defined as a collection of summarized statements on biblical doctrines to which a group subscribes and which guards her operations. The doctrinal basis helps us to cross denominational and ethnic barriers and unites us in the truth of scripture. If we are anxious to do what scripture commands, we must be careful to do so in the way scripture commends, hence our doctrinal basis of faith.
NIFES is founded on fundamental Biblical truths as contained in the provisions, herein after stated that We believe in :
- The Unity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The Sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of the Scriptures, the Holy Bible as the inspired word of God and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of man since the fall, rendering him subject to God=s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and the power of sin, only through the sacrificial death on the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner granting him repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and the work of the Holy Spirit as promised to every believer with spiritual gifts for the edification of the church of God, in Christian service, yielding the fruit of the Sprit in the believers= character.
- The only holy universal Church which is the body of Christ to which all believers belong and in which the Holy Spirit freely distributes His gifts as He wills for the benefit of the believers.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ from heaven.
"students reaching students for Christ”.
We believe that Staff and Associates are partnering to equip students to reach out to other students on campus with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The basic principle of our operation is Student Reaching Students and National reaching Nationals. Hence, commitment to students’ initiative and Leadership is fundamental to our calling as “a mission of students to students.
However, it is crucial to define the spheres of Student Leadership vis-à-vis Staff/Associates responsibility in the operations of our Movement. To say that we are ‘a student-led movement’ may be confusing unless we carefully delineate proper sphere of responsibility, distinguishing between leadership in the local campus group, students event at National level, and other National aspects of the work such as finance, staff recruitment and welfare, council membership, church relationship etc. Our commitment to student leadership does not mean there is no place for Staff/Associate initiative.
Our philosophy therefore suggests a working partnership based on personal respect and spiritual authority with Staff, Associates and Students exercising responsibility in their respective area of competence.
- We are a Bible believing Fellowship. We believe in the infallibility of the Word of God as the only inspired word that can change the lives of men, and also prepare them for eternity. This is with the aim of inspiring growth and maturity of believer, i.e. we seek to present every man perfect in Christ.
- We are committed to Evangelism and Biblical Discipleship: Discipleship is a cardinal concern in our ministry pursuit.
- We are campus based hence we operate primarily in the tertiary institutions of learning.
- We are committed to students’ leadership and initiative: Being a fellowship of students reaching students, we encourage students’ initiative and leadership based on Biblical principles.
- We are a fellowship, committed to prayer. We also mobilize believer to intercede for the Body of Christ and the nation.
- We work in partnership with local churches: we are interdenominational and encourage active participation in the work and witness of the church in Nigeria and other countries. We serve the churches by helping students while in school and re-directing them to local churches after graduation.
- We are committed to world mission and service to the society.
- We are affiliated to IFES: Thus, work in partnership with other National Member Movements worldwide to reach the student world for Christ.